Robern Menz Products:
The kids will enjoy making these and love eating them too!
For the Cupcakes
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 cup water 125g butter, softened
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 300g roughly chopped Menz Milk or Dark Chocolate FruChocs
For the chocolate sour cream ganache
- 300g dark chocolate
- 300g sour cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 18 cup cake pans with paper cases.
- Combine the chocolate and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition, until just combined. Add the flours and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add in the chopped Menz FruChocs and gently fold through until combined.
- Spoon evenly among the lined muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the chocolate sour crème ganache, place the dark chocolate and sour cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and glossy. Spread over each cake and pop aside to set. Decorate with FruChocs.