Robern Menz Products:
For those with a sweet tooth!
- 2&1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter chilled, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chilled water
- 300ml pure cream
- 200g premium dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 150g FruChocs, chopped in half
- Process flour, sugar and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead. gently until smooth. Shape into a disc. Put into the fridge to let rest for about 30min.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Roll pastry between 2 sheets baking paper until 3mm thick. Line base and side(s) of prepared dish or tin with pastry. Line pastry with baking paper and ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice (this stops the pastry base rising during cooking). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove rice or weights and paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is just golden. Crust is now ready to be filled with your chocolate filling.
- Place your FruChocs, cut side facing down over the base of your cooled tart shell.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until it just comes to the boil; remove from heat and add Premium Dark Chocolate. Stir until combined. Let it cool slightly, then stir in egg yolks and carefully pour in chocolate filling and refrigerate until set (approx. 4 hours).
- Remove the tart carefully from the tin and place on a serving plate, cut into 12 pieces.
- Serve with your choice of whipped cream or marscarpone mixed with chopped dried apricots.
* We used Careme Dark Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry for that extra bit of decadence for our tart, but you can make your own pastry - for stockists go to www.caremepastry.com.